Planning with Track Templates

By Ty’s Model Railroad - 7/16/2010 11:38:00 PM

Benchwork made of plywood and lumber with paper track template pieces outlining a railroad track design

Once my base table was completed, I re-applied the Atlas track templates back onto the table so I had a good approximation of how my final track was going to fit.

Benchwork made of plywood and lumber with paper track template pieces outlining a railroad track design

I then cut my side and back scenery walls to a size and shape that seemed appropriate for what I was trying to accomplish. At this point I still am not exactly sure what I am going to use for a backdrop, however I left plenty of surface area if required later. I then simply screwed the pieces onto the sides of my bench, using metal braces where the panels joined together.

Benchwork made of plywood and lumber with paper track template pieces outlining a railroad track design

After the side and back panels were attached, I used the track templates to plan the different elevations that were going to be required for the layout. I visualized the different elevations I wanted and marked them out directly onto the table. These sections will later be cut out on a separate piece of plywood and attached with risers to their required heights. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Maharashtra 12th Model Paper 2022 is Very Important for Public Exam Preparation, Each Student adopts All sorts of ways to get a good Score in the MSBSHSE, Students can Download the Maharashtra 12th Solved Paper 2022 for the Upcoming Examination as Pdf Format. Maharashtra HSC Model Paper 2022 This webpage Available here for Download, Good News Students who are Searching for the Maha Board 12th Model Test Paper 2022 has been Uploaded the All Subject Wise Download to the Students who are Going to Appear in the MSBSHSE.

    ReplyDelete